Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wednesday Wee Ones - Let's Sew

I had a plan.  After receiving a box of pretty fabric from my friend Candy, I decided to make doll dresses for each doll, using the same pattern - but different trims and fabrics on each dress. Here are some of my choices

But going through my fabrics (almost all that I chose were from Candy) I became enchanted with different colors of rick rack and changed my plan - now the plan is to use different combinations of fabric and coordinating rick rack - and the pattern of the dresses will be the same.


And here they are - same pattern - different fabrics and rick rack - and each doll has a big, matching hair bow.
The purple gladiola are a gift from Don.
Let's go outdoors - the fuchsias are blooming - perfect for our new dresses
Such a sweet summer day - and sweet summer dresses!

Surprise!!!  It's Donnie!
With his new Hawaiian shirt and khaki Bermuda shorts - he is ready for summer too.
Kyla loves her morning glory dress
And Poppy has red fabric with tiny white dots - paired with watermelon trim and red rick rack
Abby's dress fabric is paper dolls (another earlier gift from Candy - what a grand friend) and Sally Jo looks so summery in her red and white striped dress with white dots on red for trim and red rick rack.

No shoes today - it is summer in the garden.

Hurray for summer!




I'm glad I changed my plan and made the dresses with rick rack for trim - they are perfect for summer fun in the garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank you for coming to visit. We hope you enjoyed your stay. Please leave a sweet comment and do come again.